Wednesday 31 October 2007

Ring Tones

Ring tones, aim of using it is to help the owner to identify that he has received a call or message. But today's ring tones are informing the entire society along with the owner.Mostly people keep the film songs as ring tones which usually disturb the entire environment. These tones have defeated the objective of usage of cell phones. They helped in gaining the ban on usage in most places like temples, hospitals, organisation, etc. But we can't eliminate them and go for ordinary phone like tones, as in today's situation each and every person posses a cell phone and it may create chaos in deciding whose cell phone is ringing. So one solution is to keep the volume low and proper selection of tones which won't stun the entire surroundings. Its in our hands to utilise it as our servant and not as public nuisance.

Let me quote some of the funny instances with these tones

one of my friends had set the kandashasti kavasam tone for the call from home, and andakaka kondakari for call from friends. But what happened was when he was at temple along with his parents andakaka kondakari started to play which embrassed the mami in front of him in the queue. While he was with his friends naturally his parents would call and kaka kaka kadirvel kaka starts to play to the amusement and embrassment of his friends while he was watching movie with them. Atlast he decided to go with the tincan tone for both to find solace and comfort for this problem.

Another instance is regarding me. Me and my family members went for a picnic on a holiday. On the way my uncle paniced as he misplaced the cell somewhere. We didn't know what to do, but my small cousin aged five asked me to give a ring to my uncle's cell. I did and we heard the doll baje doll baje tone from my aunts bag.

So we have to make use of it as a lover who speaks only to us and not as spouse who speaks to all other than us.

2 comments: